Corey LaJoie, driver of the No. 24 Youtheory Toyota Camry in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, took some time after his busy day at Phoenix Raceway filming the “Youtheory Restart Zone 101” video to answer some Quick-Fire Questions. Find out what’s on his playlist, his favorite part of race day and his unique favorite flavor of ice cream below:
What is your favorite part of race day?
- “I would say my favorite part of race day is the national anthem when everyone is lined up. The excitement is high, your heart’s pumping, you see everybody out there, and all the cars are shined up. The national anthem is playing and you get kind of jacked up. It’s the same feeling every week, but it still feels like the first time. That’s definitely my favorite part of race weekend.”
- “Corn hole. I can crush it at corn hole – I challenge anybody to a game."
- “I put my left ear plug in first, my left glove on first, left sock on first. It’s just one of those things.”
- “I was a pretty good baseball player in high school to where if I had applied myself, I probably could’ve went and played in college, but I like racing way better, and sophomore year in high school was the fork in the road where I had to pick one or the other. I picked racing because I felt like A) I liked it a lot more and B) I felt like I was a little better at racing.”
- “Greg Olsen. That guy is a man, he is a man’s man.”
- “I like Charleston, South Carolina. It’s old, it’s on the water, there’s a lot of history there, and it’s pretty cool.”
- “I listen to everything. If I hit shuffle on my iPod, Chris Stapleton would come up followed by Fetty Wap, followed by Foo Fighters. So I’ve got a little bit of everything.”
- “Short track, all the way.”
- “Every win is really cool. There’s certain ones that stick out a little more than most, but honestly it’s probably just hanging out at the race track with my family, whether it be my dad [two-time NASCAR XFINITY Series Champion Randy LaJoie] kind of sharing the same things and experiences from him, my grandpa when he’s at the race track, my mom, aunts, uncles, cousins and girlfriend. When everybody’s there, it’s kind of a camaraderie that’s pretty cool. All the wins are great and you remember those, but at the end of the day your family is all the matters, and to hang out with all of them at the race track is pretty cool.”
- “Red velvet ice cream. It’s bad ass”
- “Probably Christmas. All of the family is around, you get presents, you get to have fun and the food is good.”
- “I would rather take a selfie with fans, but I’m not a big selfie taker. I think it’s a little more original and more personable than giving them a piece of paper where they can’t even read your signature on it.”
- “Meatballs and penne pasta.”